6.6.11

Pincushion of my Dreams

When Kristin of the blog Kleas invited me to swap pincushions, I set it aside in my mind, thinking, "I've never made a pincushion... what do I know about pincushions?"  But I thought about it a bit and day-dreamed about it a bit. And, the more I thought about it and day-dreamed about it, the more I warmed to the idea.  A few weeks ago I emailed her and said, "Okay, you're on... let's swap!"

And so I came up with this wee mama bird on her wee nest of eggs...  She is very patient, but soon they will hatch and she will have three little nestlings, as feathery and pink as she is, herself...

Sweet mama bird, oh, little bird of my dreams...

P.S.  My almost-eight-year-old loves this pincushion so much that he asked me to make one for him, too.  When I asked him what he planned to do with it, and he responded that when he gets married he wants to give it as a gift to his wife.  I suggested he sew his own, and so he has stitched up his very first little sewing project... a tiny bright-pink bird with red feathers. It's very sweet... (photos will follow.)

P.P.S.  His other comment about this pincushion was that the bird is very beautiful but not as beautiful as real birds because "they are in nature and God made them."

5 comments:

  1. How beautiful and what sweet comments from your little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh....that is too sweet! Your creation and your son's comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pin cushion is wonderful. I love your son's comments. He is surely planning ahead with your help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somehow I missed this before! The pin cushion is darling and the Little Mr. B. divine! Perhaps he and my girl will marry and have kids, for she is always saving things for her future children!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes. This is not the one I came in on, but close. Love everything about this one.

    ReplyDelete

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)