28.10.11

Boots

These boots were handed down to us by friends when my Little Mr. B. was just a baby.  Little Mr. wore them for ages until he finally grew out of them and we had to get new ones.   Three years ago, when we gave up trying to expand our family through adoption, I did a massive purge and gave away nearly every baby item I could find in our closets and garage... clothing, books, toys, stroller, etc...  But these boots, hidden away in the back of my closet were overlooked.  I found them the other day... dusty and waiting...

Waiting... for another little pair of feet to try them on...

Waiting... to tromp through dirt and puddles...

Waiting... to go on new adventures...
And I was just thinking, I haven't written about my garden for the longest time...

The orb-weavers have been very busy!

And we've had lots of visitors lately...

But my favorite garden visitors?  They're the ones wearing boots!

5 comments:

  1. So sweet! I'm so very happy that you have another pair of little feet for those boots! And the garden looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was gorgeous. I love the stories and histories of hand-me-downs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those ARE the best kind of garden visitors! And there is just something so endearing about children and their rubber boots, isn't there?

    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this piece. The only boots around here now are my barn boots. Nothing cute or winning about those. So it was a treat, seeing those two boys walking together. My Cam used to get on his knees and stick his hands in the boots, thus becoming a quadruped.

    Love these days while you have them.

    ReplyDelete

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)