11.6.12

A Pincushion Swap

Back in early May I noticed a blog post about a pincushion swap hosted by Rachel of House of Pinheiro and Charlotte of Sew Far Sew Good.  Happy for a bit of distraction (and never one to turn down a bit of pincushion-fun) I decided to jump in.  Keen to try my hand at creating an egg-cup pincushion, I discovered this dainty beauty at a local antique shop and set to work.

After the pincushion was made, the creation of a matching needle-book was definitely in order! 

I was paired to swap with Lisa of the blog Lydia's Treasures and, after looking over her blog, it seemed she liked flowers and the color pink, so I hoped this would suit her...

In return for my funny little egg-cup & needle-book creations, I received a swirled pink confection of a pincushion.  The cushion arrived all the way from New Zealand, complete with pins topped by hand-crafted roses.  In addition to this, Lisa also created a matching needle-book stuffed with yet more lovely pins (each pin topped by a tiny cupcake or heart which she had also made herself...)  Thank you Lisa, ever so much!

Now I'm eying the various vintage pieces tucked away in the corners of my home... what else shall I turn into a pincushion?

5 comments:

  1. Stunning set of pincushion. Two very lucky ladies x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I missed that swap, they are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your efforts are just wonderful! Thank you so much for taking part, it is only ever as successful as the people who make it so! I hope not only do you have a new pincushion but a new friend too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I miss doing crafty swaps!! Such a lovely way to share creativity! xo maureen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling! If that egg cup pincushion and needlebook were any cuter I would eat them. (That's what we do when we can't handle cuteness over here.) Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)