18.2.14

tiny house swap



On January 30th I stumbled across the final call to join a "tiny house swap" at Smooth Pebble Studio.


The mandate was to "Create a set of tiny houses, minimum of 3. Either 3 separate houses, or a piece that contains at least 3 houses. They can be anywhere between 1 inch & 3 feet in size." And participants could use any medium of their choice: paper, wood, clay, fabric, metal, etc...


So I created a "night-time village" pincushion.


I hope the intended recipient of the pincushion likes it as much my little "photo-shoot interloper" does (and he likes it very much!)  The woman I've sent it to is a quilter named Ellen.  As a quilter, I expect a sturdy pincushion should come in handy...


And me, being... me... I couldn't come up with just one idea.  I had to come up with at least two ideas. And me, being me, once I come up with an idea, I cannot sit still until I follow through on the creative impulse.  So I also sent Ellen a tiny house mobile.


Thank you, Jacqueline, for organizing such a fun swap!

4 comments:

  1. I love them! The sweet floral cushion you made me is my constant companion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful interpretation of the Tiny House Swap!! I adore what you came up with! Well done and so beautifully created. I'm so glad you had fun with this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margaret..this is so special! Such a wonderful tiny house. I am showing my daughter this now for she is quite a little whiz with her stitching too. Lovely lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have like this swap!
    I noticed you commented on an old blog of mine. Glad to have you visit. I tried to comment on your google + page but could not. Thanks for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)