6.10.15

gathering toadstools


I spent Saturday afternoon at my favorite haven for artists and dreamers: Castle in the Air.  While I was there, I had the pleasure of chatting with dozens of lovely people visiting the shop, and sent them on their way accompanied by tiny, acorn capped autumn sprites (it was a free make-and-take workshop; for more info on upcoming make-and-take events, you can have a look HERE).

 

While I was at Castle in the Air, I noticed a sudden & surprising infestation of toadstool babies.  It was as though they had magically sprouted on the forest floor after a rain shower, only it wasn't raining inside The Castle.


I have a suspicion that these wee toadstool folk migrated over to the craft table from this beautiful display of German spun-cotton delights.  You can find this display just inside the door to Castle in the Air and you can also find spun-cotton mushrooms HERE in The Online Shoppe. (note: the caps worn by the toadstool babies above are 1.75 cm on the smaller one and 2.5 cm on the larger ones.)

6 comments:

  1. Just wondering if you used the balls and cut them in half? I don't see the mushrooms in the link that are the sizes you used. These are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Bravissimo!! Dear Everyone, go forth, browse the beautiful crepe paper and dresden trim! Register for classes and, while you're at it, you can purchase some properly sized toadstool caps!
      https://www.castleintheair.biz/shoppe/?b=10&k=10&c=327

      Delete
    2. Note: to use the mushroom caps as doll hats, you can twist out the stem. The spun cotton will sort of spool out as you gently separate the cap from the stem.

      Delete

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)