17.4.17

peg doll skipping rope


There is this thing which sometimes happens to me.  A friend casually says, "Have you ever thought of making Halloween bats?"  "Pilgrims?"  "Turkeys?!"  "A doll house and furniture for peg dolls?" "A mermaid grotto?"  "Sushi!"  "Wouldn't that be cute?"  My immediate response is to put my hands over my ears and shout, "NO NO NO! Why did you say that!!? I don't have time for this project right now!!!" Then I say words which are not suitable for reprint here on my blog.  Because, inevitably, the idea gets stuck in my head and I will not rest until the concept is brought to life.

And so it was that, a few weeks ago, my friend Heather said, "How about a jump rope with peg doll handles?!"  I muttered some rude words (not suitable for saying in front of children), but you know what happened next..


If you are inclined to make a peg doll jump rope for a very lucky child (or yourself), my tutorial for making skipping ropes can be found HERE.  And large size peg dolls are available for purchase HERE and HERE.


Thank you, Heather, for the truly lovely and wonderfully inspired idea!!  (Please let's set a date this summer for you to bring your girls over to make skipping rope handles, and we can all skip rope together...)

5 comments:

  1. Ooo! Look at that. Thanks...I feel brilliant after reading your post and watching you make what I could never make. They're adorable. (Remember, salt & pepper shakers are next. Ha-Ha!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hands are over my ears and I am singing "LA LA LA LA LA!" at the top of my lungs. I cannot hear you and certainly did not hear anything about salt & pepper shakers!

      Delete
    2. P.S. Heather -- You feel brilliant because you ARE brilliant. No question about it in my mind!

      Delete

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)